Create a HubHow to Create a Hub with XLhub
Flow of Events
Before using XLhub, you need to transform your data into a table:
1. Open the Excel spreadsheet with the data you want to hub.
A “Create Table” dialog box will appear. Be sure that the “My table has headers” check box is checked. Click OK.
NOTE: Use a descriptive name for your table. The name you choose must be unique in order for a new hubbed table to be created.
2. Start Wizard
1. Click the XLhub tab at the top of your screen.
2. Make sure at least one cell in your table is selected. In the Admin section of the ribbon, click the Table Management icon and select Create New Hub.
3. Name the Version
NOTE: Be sure to give the hub a different name from any of your past hubs with XLhub.
4. Set Column Type
- Select a different data type from a drop down list
- Adjust the maximum length for each entry
- Choose whether the cell will allow formulas
NOTE : This is the only chance you have to change these settings.
Once you are satisfied with the settings for the columns of your table, click OK.
5. Save Your Data and Restart Excel
2. Be sure to save your Excel file when prompted.
3. Reopen the Excel file. In the XLhub tab you will have access to your newly created hub.